Saturday, September 08, 2007

Okay... I am really, really, really not trying to brag, but I am so excited for my little girl right now. For those who haven't realized it or simply don't know me, I have recently moved into the ranks of having a child in high school. This has been a bit traumatic for me but she seems to be adjusting well :)

My daughter Kate is also a runner. She runs cross country and track. She was informed earlier in the week that she would be running on the varsity squad ... pretty good for an 85 pound 9th grader! Today she ran her first ever high school division 1 cross country race. She placed 21 out of 195 runners. That is AWESOME! She ran 3.1 miles in 19:58. She surprised a lot of people including herself. She came in second for her high school. This is so amazing because this invitational is huge. Many of the top runners in the state were there and running. I know her coach expects a lot from her in the future, but I also know that he wasn't anticipating her to do so well so quickly. He told her to try to get between 21 and 22 minutes. (By the way, one minute is a huge difference in a cross country race). I am just so proud of her.

The other Stow girl got 3rd place. She is an amazing runner and went to States last year. Can't wait until next week!!!!

2 comments:

jsi said...

How exciting! You knew she was fast, now we all know she's greased lightning!
How amazing!

WalksInTheWoods said...

Hey there,

Good post ...we see through the worry about bragging to a mothers heart...
High school sports are great ...especially when you get to support your kids...
Hope the CC & track teams are doing well ... enjoy the times together

grace,