Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blessings AND Prayer Requests

I was very blessed by one of our retired officers on Sunday. She was away on an Auxiliary trip (I could not go) and she brought me back a gift. She had been praying for me all week as she knew it would be an incredibly hard week for me. I had to do the Advisory Board meeting. In this meeting we were to talk about the budget (not a fun topic), talk about the status of a proposed new program (which has been trying to get approval for over a year - they are getting testy about it), and get approval for a county wide strategic plan. I also had a few community relations events that I had to attend (ALONE because Jim was out of town).

I was so blessed when she brought that little teddy bear back for me. It had a t-shirt on that said "Someone at the Citadel loves you!" It made my week!

I also ask for prayers tonight. Our daughter Kate is at the hospital at the moment. She is a cross country runner. She ran at an invitational on Saturday and got 9th place overall out of about 175 runners. She ran against some of the top runners in NE Ohio and came in pretty close to them :) This is only her third race as a high schooler. She was fine after the race but on Sunday her foot began to hurt. It has been swollen and she can't run on it. She is pretty stressed out that she won't be able to run this weekend. Jim took her to get an x-ray to see if she may have a stress fracture. Pray for her. She has the potential and now the very possible dream of making it to STATES this year. That is an incredible accomplishment as a freshman. She is really stressed about having something seriously wrong with her foot.

I also ask for prayer support because the next month will be INTENSE for me. We have had to make some serious decisions regarding the program in our community, the overall effectiveness of how things are done, and the structure of our area. Some of those decisions will have profound affects on our family. Can't go into too much detail at the moment, but please PRAY!

God is wonderful and even though my computer has been garbage all day and lotus notes has not worked, I am calm and at peace (at least for the moment). Have a good evening.

No comments: