Friday, May 05, 2006

We had our Youth Councils last weekend. I pretty much cried through the entire event. Our kids in NEOSA are AMAZING!!! They partipate in 90% of the meetings. They do everything from the prayers to the sacred dances to the camera work. Sometimes I feel bad because we don't really use the special guests from THQ very much. Our thought is that if the weekend is for the kids then they need to be the ones participating in the worship experience as much as possible.

The dramas we do run throughout the weekend. They all relate to the theme. The drama on Sunday was amazing. It dealt with Satan being briefed by a demon. This demon was trying to destroy the "walk" of a young man all weekend. In the drama the young man was praying and Satan and the demon were talking about what they could do. I really can't explain the entire thing but it ended with the young man standing and kicking Satan while dancing in a dance he was doing. Three of our young people were doing this dance when all of a sudden groups of kids from the division came up and stood at the front as a sign that they were willing to be part of the Revolution for Christ. To see our kids up there was just too much for me. I have never felt so secure in knowing that the fight for souls would go on as I did when I saw our kids (probably 30 of them) standing up there in different poses. They were all part of the drama, but knowing that those kids believed it was remarkable to me.

God has blessed me so much. My heart hurts for some of these kids, but at the same time I have such joy in knowing that many are totally commited to Christ. Please pray for NEOSA. I know that these kids are making a difference.

2 comments:

BrownEyedGirl said...

Sue- We had a real outpouring of the Spirit at our Youth Councils. Thank you for your prayers. Heather went to the alter. It was a great experience for her. She was really overwhelmed by the Spirits moving. I am so thankful to God for these moments in life. I know that God is laying the foundation in the hearts of our children. The weekend was powerful! Onetimeblind a drama group came and they were prayed up! They really were great. See you in a couple weeks at commissioning! :) Carole

BrownEyedGirl said...

The meeting Friday was long ( 3 hours!) but there were some real moments...great speakers. I am excited about the Gaithers being back.