Saturday, March 08, 2008

Wow... I didn't realize how long it had been since I wrote last! I really don't have much time to keep up with this blog anymore. I enjoy reading the thoughts of others (at least most of the time), but I really don't spend much time doing that either. I do have a few moments now though and thought I'd jot down some info. on my exciting week.

I have been working like crazy. I learned how to write for a grant over the course of the last month. The preliminary part of the grant was approved and permission was given to continue on in the process and submit a full grant application. I was very excited about that one. New things!! New things!! That is due in two weeks.

I also have an inspection coming up that could provide our preschool with a lot of money! That happens on March 25th so please pray. There is a lot involved in that but I don't feel like discussing it further. I have been really working hard on our learning center and child care programs though over the course of the last six months and I am seeing the results. Praise God!

This was an exciting week.... not "good" exciting, but "uncomfortable/scary" exciting. Jim was in D.C. again and I was home for a week alone with the kids. Early Friday morning someone broke into our garage (which is attached to the house). It has been a long day with much running and by the time I got home around 9:00pm that evening I was shot. I accidently left my purse in my car.

I woke very early on Friday because I had to go and purchase milk for breakfast. That is when I found my car absolutely ransacked. The thief took my camera out of the car, which I had used that evening to film my son's baseball lesson, and my wallet. Papers, receipts, everything was thrown everywhere.

I was so freaked when I realized what had happened. I was even more freaked when it hit me that someone had been in my house while my children and I slept. Someone could have walked another 5 feet to the door that separates my garage and kitchen and done who knows what....

It has been a complete hassle. My ss card was in my wallet (yes I know it wasn't supposed to be but I had used it). So now my ss card and my license are gone, along with all my credit cards, (personal and business )and literally about 20 receipts I was to give to the Army for either gas charges or reimbursements. Big pain!

I don't have a copy of my birth certificate (my parents kept that and who knows where that ended up). I need that to get my license in order to have id to get my ss. card. Vicious cycle!

That isn't even the worst part... I am psychologically freaked out. I didn't sleep much at all and when I did, I of course had nightmares. It is just so scary to think about the fact that someone came into our home and we didn't know it.

I have to stop thinking about it for a bit. Pray for my peace of mind.



Well... I'm off for now. Be safe and stay close to our Lord.

No comments: