Friday, June 02, 2006

Cool Concept

This is going to be a short post because I am really tired tonight and it is almost midnight.

I came across this quote in one of my emails this evening. I thought it was a good one and that I should share it with you.

"Remember, when you were made a leader you weren't given a crown, you were given a responsibility to bring out the best in others. For that, your people need to trust you. And they will, as long as you demonstrate candor, give credit, and stay real."

Jack Welsh - American Camping Association




I personally like the "stay real" part.

These kids are a few of our first Grace Team members (six summers ago). They are not only the future of the Army, they are the "NOW" of the Army. They are OUR responsibility. When I read that quote, I thought of them. Be real today and find their potential ... they need that from us.

2 comments:

BrownEyedGirl said...

I like the be real part too!

BrownEyedGirl said...

It was so good to see you and your family this weekend. It must have been hard to be there with so much to do at home. We are praying for your whole family at this time. Some how it all gets done.